20041217

THE DARK SIDE OF ME

the dark side of me









Somewhere

Deep inside a lair

A demon sleeps

A sleep not too deep



The lair is dark

With some faint light

Filtering through the deep dense gloom

Somehow it becomes awake

And moves through the lair like a wraith

Ever searching, a way to find

Out of the lair in which its confined



The bog on the floor doesn't bother it

Neither does the heavy fog engulfing it



Whenever I pass by

It looks me in the eye

Always threatening, but never strikes

Me it will never attack I don't know why



Its sole motive is to destroy

All that is made by the world



It can be destroyed by me alone

But I do not want it destroyed

Cos when push comes to shove

And battle lines are drawn

I choose a weapon for the fight

But I have neither guts nor heart

To put the weapon to any use

It is the demon who wages war

On our behalf



I keep him alive at times of peace

As he does me at times of war

And then the truth I realise

The lair is my mind

And the demon, my dark side.

No comments: