20041217

ALMOST A SUICIDE LETTER

I don't know why off late

I feel like i am trapped in a cage

I know i am strong enough to break free

But there is something stopping me

I feel like an albatross that is meant to wander

But is locked behind golden bars

I want to set forth into the wild blue yonder

But everytime I try I get new scars

I talk to imaginary people

I argue for cases proven wrong

I dont know what is hapenning to me

And those who matter dont seem to understand

I know i will never commit suicide

But i did think of it more than a couple of times

I do want to take on the challenge called life

But i do too want to be given a fair chance

I am an optimist cos that is my nature

But i know an impossible situation when i see one

I am recognized as unusual

But still am measured against the stereotypical

I am no longer what i used to be

So please take into consideration the new me

When i had the heart to pull out yours i had no guts

And now when i have the guts i have no heart

I know i am in need of something but i do not know wha

tIt is you who should be helping me in finding that

But instead you have an illusion of me in your head

And you try to fulfill sthat illusion's needs in me

Do you know how much happiness writing this gave me?

How can you ever know you barely even know me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi there,
first of all how rude!u didn't even reply back to even one of my emails..but since u quite read my soul in the poem so i am visiting this blog of urz....starting vedant it seems to me that sometimes u feel that the people around u dont understand u the way u want them too, they fail to comprehend ur work inthe proper way....secondly though u want to get out of certain relations or obligations....u cant..something is holding u back...to have that smile in full...to live a moment in its entirety......to enjoy a ripe summer.....do u know pal what u need todo??.........something
which makes u happy....i sing.......sing ur heart out.......and believe me if ur heart in wailing out for something or someone,,,,,that someone will surely get the vibes...cheerios man..give urself him who created u...take care..anuradha

Anonymous said...

thanks for your post anu, i m verry sorry that i could not reply to your mails.

Anonymous said...

hey!
wanted to ask u this the day i read the manuscript of this one..
A fair chance...u think thats possible?
u dont..do u? still u hope... or is there no hope?
i've been there myself..still m...suicide..yeah...been considered many times...and i also know i'll never do it..
but what exactly is this challenge called life? even i do say it many time, to myself and others...but sometimes, i wonder,why is life a challenge?? and why m i alive?

Anonymous said...

that was me,laks.

Anonymous said...

happy new year vedant...anuradha